Sunday, October 12, 2008

C is for Cookie....

When I was little I was in love with many things. One of these was Kermit the Frog. I actually wanted to marry him but then found out he was a puppet. It wasn't until high school that I realized that had I married Kermit our physical relationship would be lacking but that's besides the point.

I loved Muppets! If Jim Henson created it, I adored it. If it was felt and had little to no facial expressions and had a hand up its ass controlling its movements, I was entranced. And above all, I was deeply, fervently in love with Sesame Street. And I blame Cookie Monster for my love of chocolate. Yes, you heard it here first - I am not taking responsibility for my addiction to the heavenly goodness of chocolate chip cookies, M&M's, and all other things dark or light chocolate and gooey and tasty.

Today, as stupid as it may seem, I am eternally grateful for chocolate - my comfort food. On boring Sundays laden with a migraine and noisy neighbors, I am glad I can walk into the kitchen, grab a few M&M's and pop them in my mouth and for a moment be totally at peace with the world. Fuck Coke.. I'd like to buy the world a bag of M&M's.

No comments: